SECRETARY / BOOKKEEPER
This new secretarial/bookkeeping position will be approximately 20 hours per week.
GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH – GRANTSBURG WI
Below is a brief description of the position, along with some of the responsibilities and requirements
The Secretary/Bookkeeper serves the people of Grace Baptist Church in the spirit of our Mission, our Core Values, and our Affirmation of Faith; he or she fulfills the responsibilities listed below. He or she joyfully advances our church’s mission, which is to glorify God together by creating an atmosphere in which people can begin and enjoy a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, mature in His likeness, and worship Him in life changing ways. He or she enjoys and lives out our four Vision Pillars: believing in God’s design for families, becoming servant leaders, belonging in genuine community, and beginning new life in Jesus Christ.
The Secretary/Bookkeeper oversees the operation of the church office and assists the pastoral staff with a variety of administrative duties. He or she provides a welcoming, positive environment for visitors and maintains confidentiality in all interactions with pastoral staff, members of the congregation, and visitors. This position requires someone with strong attention to detail, the capability to communicate well, and the skills necessary to manage bookkeeping responsibilities.
- General office related tasks that keep an office running smoothly
- Organize and maintain files and records – hardcopies and electronic
- Sort and distribute mail among staff, boards and committees & congregation
- Gather weekly announcements; prepare bulletins; finish on Thursday
- Participate in weekly staff prayer time
- Receive prayer requests, communicate appropriately with pastoral staff and write biblically sound summation to send to the church prayer chain
- Show compassion to those who come to the church for help/assistance, directing them to a pastor and/or providing them with information to connect them with relevant organizations/help
- Type letters and schedules, and other things as needed
- Answer phone and take messages
- Check and send emails
- Prepare Certificates of Memberships, Baptisms, & Dedications
- Keep computer database up-to-date; add new members, children, friends and those interested in being on the mailing list for each ministry in the church
- Keep a calendar of all events planned at the church or for the church
- Second week of the month collect the minutes from meetings and arrange, type, print and distribute Supplement
- Gather information for annual reports and organize together into booklet
- Gather monthly newsletter information; announcements, events, prayer requests, ministry reports and Pastor’s article to organize, type, print and mail
- Manage and keep the office organized
- Keep contracts for the use of our church
- Perform Church Treasurer duties: receive, organize and enter invoices/payment requests, ensure proper authorization, cut checks/record auto payments, record deposit information received from Financial Secretary, reconcile bank statements, prepare financial reports for monthly Executive Board Meetings
Interested, Please provide your Resume to:
- Must be a Believer in Christ Jesus in faith and practice.
- Belief in and adherence to our Affirmation of Faith and Mission of Grace Church
- Education: A Minimum of a high school diploma
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping procedures and familiarity with QuickBooks
- Experience with church processes or faith-based work preferred.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Can prioritize tasks and work independently without supervision.
Paul Bergman, Church Chairman